October 12, 2023 - 16:00 to October 15, 2023 - 17:00Get Directions
The Whistler Writers Festival returns to celebrate the art of storytelling with an all-star lineup of guest authors and top tier events. Writers, readers and storytellers of all levels will be able to further their knowledge of the written word through a combination of development workshops, panel discussions, and reading and spoken word events during the action-packed weekend.
Festival Tips & Highlights
- Sample appetizers and craft beer at the Chef's Reception for Tasting the Divine with cookbook authors Caren McSherry and Leah Garrad-Cole.
- Aspiring author? 7 publishers and agents will be present at The Speed Dating Publishing Session for participants to pitch book ideas to.
- Don't miss events that sell out early: Crime Writers Lunch, Panel Discussion: Publishers Roundtable Discussion, Comedy Quickies, Literary Cabaret, Gala, Sunday Brunch. Get tickets from the Whistler Writers Festival website.
- The special Saturday night main stage event will host CBC's Grant Lawrence in conversation with the Globe and Mail's Doug Saunders, Leslie Anthony, Claudia Casper and Gurjinder Basran.
- The Book lovers' Workshop & Literary Salon II: Pick up your copy of Why 35 Million Canadians are Not Enough for the discussion at local bookstore Armchair Books.
|Photo Credit:||Tourism Whistler / Mike Crane|