There are many reasons why The World Ski & Snowboard Festival has been so popular for the past 22 years. It's the festival that takes the spirit of spring in Whistler and mixes it with the best of our mountain culture for 10 days of non-stop, home-grown awesome. Art, music, photography, filmmaking, ski and snowboard competitions and non-stop nightlife, PLUS some of the best spring skiing and après sessions you'll ever have.
- Dates: April 7 – 16, 2017
- Locations: Whistler Village, Whistler Conference Centre and various on-mountain venues
- Website: wssf.com
- Social pages: Facebook: facebook.com/WORLDSKISNOWBOARDFEST Instagram: @wssf Twitter: @wssf
- Hashtag: #WSSF2017
- App: WSSF Live has been designed to provide real time updates. Download here.
Do You Need to Buy Festival Pass / Tickets?
- No. There is no admission fee to take part in the World Ski & Snowboard Festival. Many of the events are free!
- Free events include: FIDO Outdoor Concert Series, Kokanee Freeride Club Series, State of the Art, Whistler DogFest, Nesters Market Mascot Mayhem, and many other events and showcases throughout the Village walkways.
- Tickets are required for evening events including: The END Presented By Twisted Tea, Intersection presented by Bromley Sports, Olympus 72hr. Filmmaker Showdown and the Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown.
- Full list of events, both tickets and free, can be found online.
Where Do You Purchase Tickets?
- Tickets to individual events are available for purchase online or at the Box Office.
- Box Office
- Location: Kiosk in front of the Whistler Conference Centre
- Dates: April 8 – 9, 11 – 14 and 16 Time: 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
April 15 Time: 5:30 PM – 3:00 AM
Use your mobile device to display the tickets you have purchased. If you do not have a mobile devise, please print your tickets or if you do not have access to a printer, the staff at the Box Office will print for you.
Concerts & Club Series
- The FIDO Outdoor Concert Series performing artists list and schedule is available here.
- Location: Skier’s Plaza Main Stage
- Kokanee Freeride Club Series performing artists list and schedule is available here.
- Locations: Garfinkel’s, Garibaldi Lift Company, Moe Joe’s, Longhorn Saloon & Grill and Buffalo Bill Bar & Grill
- No tickets are required for the FIDO Outdoor Concert and the Kokanee Freeride Club Series.
- Entry to concerts are free.
- Be sure to check the schedule as concert start times are subject to change
On-Mountain WSSF Events
Spectators must purchase a lift ticket and be able to ski or snowboard to venues.
On-mountain events include: CND Jr. Freestyle National Champs and Monster Boarderstyle Tour at the Blackcomb Terrain Park, Halfpipe Fam Jam at the Blackcomb Halfpipe, and Twisted Tea Slush Cup at Glacier Creek Lodge on Blackcomb.
Awards for the CND Jr. Freestyle National Champs will take place on the Main Stage each day after the event at 6:00 PM.
What Can You Do With Kids at the Festival?
Some of the kid-friendly activities include: Walking the Village Stroll collecting free samples, cheering on athletes competing in the various ski & snowboard alpine competitions (lift tickets are required for on-mountain events), FIDO Outdoor Concert Series, State of the Art Gallery, Gibbons Style Session and Fire and Ice, Whistler DogFest and Nesters Market Mascot Mayhem.
The WSSF beer garden is located at Skier’s Plaza beside the FIDO Main Stage.
Children under 19 years of age are not permitted in the beer garden grounds.